Why Cassava Sciences (SAVA) jumped over 30% today
- Cassava Sciences jumps over 30% due to the new NIH grant of $2.5 million to support the ongoing clinical development of PTI-125 for the potential treatment of Alzheimer’s disease.
- The company recently completed a Phase 2b trial in patients with mild-to-moderate Alzheimer’s disease.
- Data on the trial should be available mid-year.
- PTI-125 targets an altered form of filamin A, a scaffolding protein found throughout the body. A highly toxic form of the protein is present in the brains of AD sufferers which disrupts the normal function of neurons, leading to neurodegeneration and brain inflammation.
- PTI-125 is made to restore the normal shape of filamin A in the brain, improving the function of multiple brain receptors and dampening neuroinflammation.
About Cassava Sciences
Cassava Sciences is a clinical-stage drug development company, develops drugs for nervous system disorders. The company’s lead therapeutic product candidate PTI-125, a small molecule drug that is in Phase II clinical trial for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease.