What you need to know about Digibyte (DGB)
- The DigiByte blockchain comprises of three major application segments: DigiExplorer, DigiBot-Telegram, and DigiByte Gaming.
- DigiByte claims to be one of the most secure blockchains as it is distributed across over 100,000 servers, computers, nodes, phones, etc all over the world.
- The transaction notifications on the platform take about one to three seconds, while the confirmation time for each transaction is less than 1.5 minutes in comparison to Bitcoin’s confirmation average of 1 hour.
- The coin also employs five advanced mining algorithms, eliminating the risk of centralized mining.
- The platform launched in 2014 long before the initial coin offering (ICO).
- DigiByte has made many improvements to the platform ever since the launch to help make them very efficient and useful.
Digibyte is a cryptocurrency that describes itself as a “secure, faster, and forward thinking blockchain technology.” Digibytes offers five different proof of work consensus algorithms in an effort to prevent mining centralization.