Capricor Therapeutics (CAPR) rockets on effective vaccine results
- Capricor Therapeutics has skyrocketed due to big news on lead candidate CAP-1002, an off-the-shelf cardiac cell therapy, in severely ill COVID-19 patients.
- Six patients were being treated and were suffering from acute respiratory distress syndrome and five were on mechanical ventilator support.
- All patients have survived. Four of the five patients on mechanical ventilation were successfully weaned off support within one-to-five days following infusion.
- The remaining patient is currently on mechanical ventilation. While the sixth is receiving supplemental oxygen and is clinically stable.
- The FDA has signed off on expanding the access protocol to include up to 20 additional COVID-19 patients.
About Capricor Therapeutics
Capricor Therapeutics, Inc. engages in the discovery, development and commercialization of first-in-class biological therapies for the treatment of cardiac and other serious medical conditions. Its product candidate consists of CAP-1002, Cenderitide, Exosomes, CAP-1001, CU-NP and CSps. The company was founded in August 2005 and is headquartered in Beverly Hills, CA.